Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Good Day/Bad Day

We'll start out with the good.  Actually it's been a good week up till today.  Sunday the honeymooners arrived back safe and sound.  They had some effects from TS Issac during their stay in Santa Domingo but had to bypass it coming back to the states.  They landed in North Carolina only to have a lay over while the airlines dealt with some problem the pilots had during the flight.
The Marine finally got off the ground in Seattle heading for Japan on Monday morning after the threats of typhoon passed and arrived in Japan.  In fact, we got word today that he was in Camp Fuji and excited with his assignment.
Ron was nice enough the past two days to do all the running for groceries and supplies so I could get some much needed sewing in.  I got the muslin bags made for the "Corn Hole" game but ran out of dried beans.  While he was off getting the bulk pinto beans I cut out the outside pieces for the bags and sewed them all up three sides.  I even tried the one muslin bag that was full and sewn but I couldn't get a neat top stitch so I took it apart and started sewing it without the beans.  THREE times.  Each time my new sewing machine didn't like what I was trying to do and managed to make a mess for me to rip out.  Sure glad we bought sturdy material.  Thus far it still looks good.  After the third time when the machine started flashing unrecognizable codes and making strange noises is when I turned off the machine and the light.
While all of this was going on we were unable to get the desktop computer to work.  Even Mr Know It All failed.  The air card was flashing blue instead of green and about 15 seconds after we logged on the air card went dormant which meant nothing would load.  SO..... after lunch when I went upstairs I found Ron on the phone with Verizon.  He was swapping war stories with some dolly about the pros and cons of track vehicles.  Beats me.  She ended up transferring him to a guy who actually knew nothing about track vehicles and did know something about air cards.  Not enough to fix it but he put on a show of trying.
Since my MiFi is so old I agreed to get a new one that will be faster and more up to date.  After listening to all the BS about what my liabilities were he transferred me to an automated operator who went thru another schpeel  and if I agreed I was to put in my Verizon billing password.  Well gosh dang, I always carry that information with me but I left it in my Sunday dress.  DUH  With that lack of information, they disconnected the call.
I left the house and sat on the front porch.  If they called back fine but I wasn't going thru that again.  Poor Ron got on the phone and after three tries, he brought me out a cup of tea and news that he finally got a person and the new air card was on it's way.
We've had air cards in one form or another for over 10 years but the other night I bragged to someone about how well they worked and POW this is the first time we've ever had a problem with Verizon air cards.
Looking forward to the rest of the week going back to good.

1 comment:

  1. The rest of the week will be smooth sailing. We have Michael Philip and Eric & Julie all safe & sound. And happy!

    ReplyDelete