Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Quilt Shop Hopping

If you haven't quilt shop hopped I just don't know if I can explain the thrill.  This one started in June and lasts till the end of this month (August) so, naturally, I'm just starting now.  The object is to hit a designated group of Quilt Shops and shop and buy and have them stamp your "Passport" that you've been there.  When you have all the shops stamped, you turn in the passport and become eligible for some really nice prizes.
I've only been on two shop hops before and they were just 4 days long.  This one covers most of northern Illinois and is broken into three regions.  We decided to save our area till last so we headed north today.  Up I-355 as far north as Grand Ave and as far west as Woodstock, IL.  Barrington, Crystal Lake and Arlington Park were a few of the places.  I had finished seven quilt tops for the Tucson Linus Project so I was searching for backings.  The added incentive was 15% off what ever you bought while you were there.  Some of the places had nice selections of bolts of cloth at reasonable prices and others had nice selections with high prices.  I tried to find ones with the discount bolts and did pretty good.  I got four backings, three pin cushion kits, and one 4 1/2 X 4 1/2 block pattern.  And all at 15 % off.
Now the remaining stores that were already closed plus heading west to catch those 9 and then back to this area for the remaining region.
We enjoyed the drive with views of areas we'd never been through but I miss the smaller ones where you run into the same people at different stores.  I also miss the little gifts they give out in the AZ one.  I did get a purse tissue holder with tissues.

No comments:

Post a Comment