Sunday, December 30, 2012

Slowing Down

It's slow down and wait for the new year to come bouncing by.  We went to church this morning and enjoyed time spent with family and friends but returned home to our quiet place.  It appeared there was a party going on at the Rec Hall when we passed but didn't remember to check the calender when we got home.  Guess we just were not in a party mood today.
I know Ron wanted to watch football games on television even though his beloved Packers were not being shown out here, can't figure why.  He has learned to get the game on his computer so he watches it and one or two on television at the same time.
As we were leaving church this morning Ron opened the back hatch of the van and said "Merry Christmas".  When I looked around he had a case of Mexican Pepsi in his hand.  Now that made my day.  But there was more, another case of Mexican Pepsi.  Now that really made my week.  I've learned that even though Pepsi was my cola of choice as a kid I don't care for it anymore till I discovered Mexican Pepsi a few years ago.  It tastes just like I remember it from when I was a kid.  It's probably because Mexican Pepsi is made with sugar and USA Pepsi is made with fructose.  They say there's no difference but my discerning pallet can taste the difference.
I want to thank our nephew Nicholas for rustling it up for Ron.  You're a great kid.
Now most of the football games are over, I think Dallas and Washington are still playing.  Packers lost so that means the Bears aren't going anywhere but sitting in front of their TVs just like us.
It's raining and has been for a couple hours.  Moisture was in the forecast with a possibility of white stuff below 3500 feet.  It looks like we lucked out and are just going to get the clear stuff but I'm sure Mt Lemmon and Snow Bowl are getting what they need, the white stuff.
Hope you all have a safe New Year's Eve and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. We're planning a very quiet NYE. We're going to dinner & a movie at Hollywood Palms and then coming home & relaxing. No company. Just the two of us. And a bottle of sparkling grape juice to toast the New Year. We won't call at midnight because I know that you don't normally stay up that late. Wishing you & Dad a very Happy New Year. We're looking forward to spending part of the beginning of the year with you.

    ReplyDelete