Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wednesday's Wanderings

Wednesday, time for the Snowbirds to wander.  Leisurely breakfast of half a grapefruit, a sausage patty and a bowl of Cheerios, the breakfast of happy wanderers.  First stop Ace Hardware on 22nd at Kolb.  It's both a man and a woman's dream.  Half is filled with guy stuff, half is filled with gal stuff and the third they added on is filled with Christmas stuff.  So we split up and went our separate ways.  If it can be used in the kitchen or bathroom of your home, they have it.  Lots of it.  If you live in the area and haven't visited that Ace, you're missing out on a real treat.  
Next stop, Office Max, Harrison and 22nd.  Picked up shipping supplies, still got Christmas Presents to mail out.  
Next door to what I like to call BBB (triple B).  Bed, Bath and Beyond.  This stop required a real cart, one with four wheels that you push.  Finished up the list except for a couple things that I didn't think they would have and a couple things that weren't on the list.  By then it was after 2 pm and we were getting a little hungry and tired so we walked to the other side of the strip mall and enjoyed a late lunch at Village Inn.  We looked for our friends, Gerry and Larry, but they must have decided to wait till later.   I want to make sure Gerry knows about their delicious Ruben sandwich which I enjoyed.  I had to ask for extra Thousand Island dressing but only for the last half of the sandwich.  I had eaten the first half before she got back with the dressing.    I thought it was much better than the Ruben I had last week at Montgomery's.  And they have WiFi.  
We decided to take our two free pieces of pie home and enjoy later.  I brought home cherry and Ron brought home pumpkin.  I could definitely make The Village Inn a habit if not on Wednesday, I don't really need the free piece of pie, at least with a degree of regularity.  
Now I have to come up with another new place for next Wednesday.  I've been doing pretty good these past three weeks.  
And our place is looking more and more like our home as we add and subtract touches.  I'm definitely stocked up in the kitchen to take care of anything I'm asked to make.  Maybe some sugar cookies this weekend since it's supposed to be cool and rainy with snow on the mountains.  I'll see if I can get some pictures to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment