Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Mouse Still Didn't Move

When I wrote the previous blog I hadn't really connected the title with one of Ron's gifts, a computer mouse.  But, sure enough, when he got around to opening it on Thursday morning, it wouldn't work.  He even put one of our batteries in.  So, I got on the computer, brought up Amazon, clicked on gifts given,   clicked return, told them it was broken and printed out a return mailing label.  Now that's the kind of people I like to do business with.  No hassle, no return postage to pay and refund back on my credit card.  I don't like places that give you cash back when you charged it.  I still have to pay off the charge but I've already spent the refund.  But that's a horse of a different color.
Christmas was nice and quiet, I did miss the kids and grand kids and friends but a quiet day enjoying good food and company was just what the doctor ordered.  No gravy nor tamales but that's ok.  I can make my own gravy and I have good tamales in my freezer.  I even had my first bite of prime rib in over 40 years and I liked it.  It was sweet and juicy and melted in my mouth.
Now we're off on a new adventure.  Furniture shopping.  We need two chairs and a bed.  Since our one of two kitchen chairs broke last spring while Ron was leaning back in it and we would like to invite people over for dinner, we need two more chairs.  The bed needs to be some type of hide away since the spare bedroom doesn't have a lot of floor space after my desk, the closet for the furnace, the clothes closet and the book case filled with my sewing stuff and topped with a TV  gets thru taking it up.  I'm up for a futon but Ron's leaning toward a day bed or a blow up mattress.  I say the mattress is for children, not adults, to sleep on.  So any input on this subject would be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. We were going to buy a Futon but it is only a double bed size and not big enough for any bi people like my son that is 6 ft.5. so I think a day bed or yes even a blow up mattress is better. Our daughter has a blow up mattress and it is big enough for tall peole and plenty of room to sleep comfortably. A Murphy bed would be the answer.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blow up mattresses are surprisingly comfortable. The only drawback is that it's low to the ground and sometimes hard to get out of bed.

    ReplyDelete