Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thumbs up for early Christmas Present

Since our move from the 5th wheel to a mobile last February my cooking style has changed.  I have a full kitchen so I can cook the way I always did.
One of the things we missed about not being in a real kitchen during the Christmas season was cookies and fudge and all those calories.
I don't have the convection oven to cook three sheets of cookies at a time but I do have a large Wilton cookie sheet and it seems to have done very well with the oatmeal and raisin cookies I made.  But now, thanks to my cookie loving husband, I have a Kitchenaide Mixer here in Arizona.  It arrived this morning at the Rec Hall and he carried it all the way home by himself.  He was doing a little huffing when he came in the door.  He left it outside on the table but he did manage to bring home the library books he picked up at the book mobile too.
So, in honor of hubby's great toil, chocolate chip cookies are on the menu for this afternoon.  If anyone is in the area, stop by for a sample.  The chocolate chips will be Ghirardelli Chocolate.
Hope to see you this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. We got back too late to stop by, but really hope we can have a rain check on some of those delicious cookies. Those samples were great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you freezing some cookies for our visit? Or do we get fresh ones! I'm not picky!

    ReplyDelete