Friday, September 21, 2012

Again

Well, we attended what we thought would be our last wake today.  This morning brought news of the death of a dear friend.  I'm sorry to say I haven't seen him in a long time but maybe that's a good thing considering all the drinking we did when we worked out of the same insurance office almost 40 years ago.  I do feel bad that we haven't kept in touch better but we each went our separate ways after the company we were selling for pulled all their business out of the state.  He ended up having to close down our office while I was in the hospital.  I'll never forget his wife bringing us a big pan of chop suey after my surgery.   She's a very nice lady.  Good bye Mike.  I'll keep a smile on my face whenever I see a "Snap on Tool" truck.

1 comment:

  1. When do you leave for tucson? we are not going, this house is still being rented. the Park Models at CCCRV are way out of our reach.
    Have a great winter.
    Linda and sherwin

    ReplyDelete