Thursday, September 27, 2012

Catchup

Today is our 38th wedding anniversary.  Can't believe we've been together that many years.  It's been quite a journey.  We've stood by each other thru it all and I'm darn glad we did.  We've got history.
When we were at the wake last Sunday where I noticed how old my friend, Mike Webb, had gotten.  I know, he's not going to get any older.
I got in touch with my former hair dresser and after 9 + years I asked her if she would like to do my hair again.  She said yes.  So Tuesday morning I left the house, without telling Ron where I was going but would be back after lunch.  It took two hours but I don't look quite so old.  I'd take a picture and post it BUT......
My phone died, dead as a door nob.  I think the battery needed replacing but since I wanted a new phone anyway and was in line to get one from Verizon, I decided not to put money into a new battery.
Got my toes and nails done on Wednesday morning.  For any of you my toes are back to Ruby Pumps red.  The purple/lilac is gone.  It was a pretty color but I ended up having it on my toes for almost two months.  The nails are clear, natural.  Then home to catch a quick lunch and off to the Verizon store.  Going to get a new phone as my anniversary present.  BUT as all good mothers know, the one thing everyone does before they leave the house.......I went into the bathroom forgetting my phone was in my hip pocket.  Yep.  You guessed it.  Now my phone really doesn't work.....Good timing?  I don't think so....I thought my anniversary date was September 8 but it's October 8th so the Verizon store wouldn't sell me a phone.  Had it all picked out and was ringing it up.
Obviously we left the store empty handed.  And even more obviously I was a little upset.  Not only didn't I have a new smart phone, I don't have a phone.
Did you know you can order a phone over the phone or thru the internet without adhering to the store rules?  I didn't either but you can.  I don't have the phone yet but it's ordered.  I'm still without a phone but that's OK.  I'm sure the CUBS are still loosing without me getting the text messages and the grand kids are still making comments on Facebook without me reading them.
It's kind of nice that when a phone rings I don't have to pick it up.  LOL  I'll let you know when I have a phone again.

1 comment:

  1. I love your hair! OPI has some new colors out for Breast Cancer awareness month. One of them was a very pretty pale pink. It's called Pink of Hearts.

    ReplyDelete