Thursday, September 20, 2012

Catching Up

It's been a few days since I've written.  Not that there hasn't been anything going on in our lives but just got in the "not today" rut.

I'll make this short......One of Ron's brother's  and family down for a visit.  Didn't arrive till 4 pm, he worked late the night before and needed to get some sleep before the trip. We took them to Beggars Pizza  They had planned on spending the night but we only have one bed and there was 4 people.  I wish we would have known, we would have set up a tent outside for the boys. The toilet seat broke..  It was old and not real expensive.  Daughter in law had surgery on Monday morning and came home that afternoon.

Friend from work's mother died so we went to the wake Monday evening.  Friend from teen years and the Moose died, went to wake Tuesday evening.  Friend from Moose died.  Wake is Friday evening.

As I said, we've had a busy time, just not anything anyone wants to read about.
We have had beautiful Fall weather.  It's my favorite time of the year.

No plans for the weekend.  We'll see how we feel. Ron did pick up some Glasscock corn last night.  I was surprised  they were still selling it.There was 14 ears to a dozen so we'll see if that compensates.  The one I had last night was a perfect ear.    At least one of my meals in the near future will be corn on the cob, baked acorn squash, sliced tomatoes and maybe steamed broccoli.  I'd love to be a vegetarian..  Supplementing my veggies with pinto beans would make it a perfect meal.  But then throw in a piece or two of fried chicken and a slice or three of bacon once in awhile.

1 comment:

  1. I think I could give up meat. I'd just have to find other ways to get protein.

    ReplyDelete