Saturday, September 8, 2012

Air Card, Final Chapter........I hope

Well, all that stress two weeks ago returned briefly yesterday when the desktop VZAccess Manager read "dormant" and the air card stopped blinking.
Because I had other things to do, I let it all set and stew, with hope that inanimate objects have feelings and will correct it's mistakes while I'm gone.
Off to Sam's Club for "stuff" and then home for lunch.  Finally after lunch I checked it out again and it still wasn't working so I huffed and I puffed and I verbalized that if I had a gun, I'd shoot the air card.  By the way, the gun would be pink and of course have to wait for however many days the State of Illinois  felt necessary in order to prevent me from doing anything rash.
OK, that's not going to happen.  It worked, I'm not waiting to buy a gun.  So I went to the bottom of the list, I told my husband what was wrong.  His answer was "Did you check the air card out on the laptop?  It might be the computer."
Damn, I hate it when he's always right.  BUT  I didn't asked him for an answer, I ask for sympathy.  Men just don't get it.  We don't want help.....we want pity.  BUT not all the time, just when we want it and you're suppose to know the difference.
Yes, the air card worked perfect in the laptop.  He did volunteer to bring it all upstairs for me.  So I guess he's a keeper.  He not only brought it all upstairs, he plugged in and connected everything but the printer.  Three printers in this house and none of them are connected to a computer with internet access.  That's a topic for another blog another day.
I did take time to place the laptop at different places on the desk until I found a comfortable position.  I'm trying to break the habit for reaching for the keyboard from the desktop but I'll get that done pretty quick since it's the same situation as AZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment