Thursday, September 13, 2012

It's Time

Checking my blog daily to see if anyone has commented with negative results is boring so I figured I'd write another blog.
It seems like I've been busy every day, doing what?  I don't remember.  Seems like I go to a store a lot.  Yesterday was one of those long days of going places.  First to our retiree's meeting, which way to many members didn't show.  How embarrassing to have more candidates than members.  It was definitely their loss.  All 20 of the candidates were very respectful and informative.  They had five minutes to tell us why we should vote for them so they didn't have time to dis their opponent.
Then to JoAnn Fabric for a 40% off sale but that was a bust cause their was a lady in line with a basket full of bolts of  material to be cut so I figured I didn't need any material that bad.
Then to Sweet Tomatoes in Aurora for a late lunch.  I make the best salads when I'm there and they had French Onion soup with a side bowl of shredded cheese to add to it.  I always feel like I've pigged out when I leave there but I manage to convince my self it was in a healthy way.
Then to Oak Brook and Williams-Sanoma  and Teavana.  If you haven't been to Oak Brook recently you're in for a big surprise.  They have torn out almost all the courtyards.  Walls of plywood surround it with cross overs every 2 or 3 stores.  I'll have to put a return to Oak Brook on my list of things to do when we get back to in the Spring.  From the wording I have guessed there will be some type of people movers.  You know how us old people are having more and more trouble getting around.
Finally home around 6 pm.  Nice long day but nothing accomplished.
Today was a County insurance meeting in the morning that we were unable to make.  They keep raising the premium for the retired over 65 and haven't been listening to requests for help, especially the ones who have been retired so long that their pensions are at poverty level.  I'm looking forward to talking to some of the ones who did attend the meeting.
It's getting a little chill here, a nice change from having to run the air conditioning most of the summer. It was supposed to rain but it hasn't yet.  I hear that it's raining in Wisconsin.  Should make Thursday night football interesting, especially for the family attending.


GO PACKERS

No comments:

Post a Comment