Thursday, September 6, 2012

Drew Peterson

I know we've all heard that name more than most of us wanted.  Today sitting on a step at the 4-H exhibit building at the DeKalb County Fair in Sandwich, IL, my daughter and my phone started to announce text messages.  My first three were from the Chicago Tribune, WGN radio and The Herald News.  All three were warning us that the jury was back and there was a unanimous verdict on the Drew Peterson trial.
Not much time passed till three more text messages came in one right after the other.  All three from the same sources as before and all three announcing that Drew Peterson had been found guilt of felony murder.  It was a shock.  I truly didn't believe they would come back with a guilty verdict.
I'm sure his attorneys already have the paper work ready for the appeal.  I know I sure would.  It's going to go all the way to the US Supreme Court.  There is no other way for a fair trial.
Drew has set in the Will County Jail for four years and will probably set in a state prison much longer before this is settled.
I can not imagine any court in the land will let the "Drew Peterson Here say Law" stay on the books.  All someone has to do is get mad at someone and swear he/she heard them say something and that person lands in prison.  That doesn't even sound like something a well educated person would even try and pass and the State of Illinois did.  My regards for this state is about as low as it can get.  There are still a few pluses but they are getting fewer and fewer.
I am not defending Drew Peterson.  I think he's a scumbag and deserves all he gets but he is a citizen of the United States of America and deserves a fair trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment