Friday, May 4, 2012

Doctor's Visit

It's that time of year.  A trip to the family doctor for a yearly checkup and refill prescriptions orders.  Appointment was for 9:15 am this morning with 12 hours of fasting.  We were a tad late since someone was reading the Trib and advised we had plenty of time.  The doctor was running on time, got my blood pressure taken and blood drawn right away.  Then he went into Ron's room.  An hour later I walked out of my room and looked at the office staff and shrugged.  They got the good doctor's attention and he came out and finished up with me.  Back he went into Ron's room.  The ladies told me Ron was getting a heat treatment and a shot in his shoulder.  News to me???  The last time I looked at my watch was 11:30 and I was sitting in the waiting room talking to the other patients patiently waiting.  I had them all hopped up on Sweet Tomatoes.  They'd never heard of it but were going to drive to Aurora to try it out.
When we finally left the doctor's office and the village of New Lenox we headed to Orland Park and Jo Anns Fabrics with a look out for a Steak n Shake, which we passed but missed cause we were looking at an old truck chassis on the other side of the road.  That should have been our first clue not to ask directions and come back to it.  We did proceed to JoAnns and pick up ten yards of batting at 50% off even though the person doing the measuring and cutting was anything but cordial and/or helpful.
I must have used up all my self control keeping my blood pressure down for the doctor's office cause that lady really was rude.  She didn't even bother tying the roll up or anything.  Then the french fries at lunch were cold and tough and I still didn't say anything.
Again, I was cool when Wal Mart informed me that my prescriptions had incorrect dosage and one of the meds wasn't on their reduced price list.  Of course the doctor's office was closed by now and we couldn't get it straightened out.  I took my scripts and left.  To be continued another day.  Going home and relax over a cup of Golden Monkey tea.

1 comment:

  1. OK. So what did the good doctor tell you guys? Good to go? Hope so.

    ReplyDelete