Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday

I suspect any one who reads my blog has figured out I'm not a good title maker.  I'm sorry about that.
It's been a busy week.  Seems to take forever to catch up after we get home.  Looking after this house is getting to be tougher as the years pass.  Need a buyer, as is.

Mother's day was fine, Betsy, Alan, Nick and Eric stopped by and Robert called and  Michael sent a text.  Monday's dinner with Robert, Ashley, Matt and Ron went well.  The kids ate all their food but that really wasn't a surprise since Merichkas was their choice.  Onion rings was the star of the evening, as usual.
Fit in a manicure and pedicure yesterday.  Got to keep those nails shinning.  A trip to Aurora to drop off some things Alan wanted and to see Betsy one more time before her surgery.  Trying to think of things to make and send up so Alan doesn't have to find things to fix her after she gets home.  A can of cold chicken noodle soup is not her thing.

We did stop at Farm and Fleet in Montgomery for bug light light and while we were there picked up a couple of hummingbird feeders.  Sure home I have some good luck with them this year.  I love the little birds but I seldom get to see them around here.  Arizona is a different story, see them flitting around a lot.

It's noon on Thursday and I haven't had breakfast and lunch is looking slim.  Well not slim but I'm not sure what I'm going to call it.  While reading my email for the day the one for Sweet Tomatoes caught my eye.  Realizing today was the last day for that particular menu to use our senior citizen discount.  Now "Children's Choice" was on the menu for tonight but I had a feeling Ron wouldn't mind skipping most of the left overs.  As fate would have it he walked into the room, so without looking up, I told him I had something to show him.  When I looked up and saw he had on his work overalls  I realized I'd made a mistake.  He insisted on seeing what I wanted to show him and when he did he declared he only had a little bit of work on the side of the house to do and then we could go for a late lunch.  Our senior citizen discount only applies Monday thur Thursday after 2 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment