Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Jersey Boys

What a day I had.  I've wanted to see "The Jersey Boys" since they first premiered in Chicago a few years ago, even before they hit Broadway, but alas, my hubby was not interested in the least.  I actually shed tears over wanting to go but it just didn't work.
My dear sweet daughter had enough and took matters into her and her hubby's hands.  They came to visit us as soon as we got back from Arizona and proposed we go see "Jersey Boys" since it was back in town and then let them take us to one of his favorite restaurants on the north side.  I said yes before hubby got a chance to say no.  I probably shouldn't have but I did and I'm glad.
I swear he was trying to find someone else to go with him so he wouldn't have to.  It didn't work.  So at 8:30 this morning we headed for Aurora and daughter and son in laws house then to downtown Aurora to catch the commuter train into the City.  It was BNSF, which made my day.  My dad worked for Santa Fe Railroad.  SIL opted not to catch a cab so we walked and walked and walked to the theater.  When we got their and picked up our tickets, we had an hour and a half wait so we walked some more and found a set of golden arches.  What a wonderful sight.  A chair, an ice cold coke and some really fresh french fries were priceless, in that order.
Back to the theater and into the lobby and finally seating in probably one of the best seats in the house.  Ten rows back from the stage, middle of the section, directly in front of the whole kit and kabuddle.
After the theater we caught a cab to Chicago Pizza and Grinder or something to that effect at 2121 N. Clark.  That's a long way from Wrigley Field.  (CUBS WON) and had a fantastic meal, more than we could eat.  We weren't about to waste it so home it came on the train.
It was a long day but it was a day I won't ever forget.  Thanks again daughter and son in law.

2 comments:

  1. So, did you like the play? Did Ron go with you guys? Gerry drags me to these plays also, but I usually have a good time. I like live theater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the show and so did Ron. It was definitely full of all their music, sung by four talented young met. Each member told their part in the story at different times during the music. I'd recommend it to anyone who remembers the Four Seasons with foundness.

      Delete