Sunday, May 27, 2012

Indiana Here I Come

It's only 10:30 am but it's very muggy outside.  Glad we have central air conditioning.  Last year ours broke on Memorial Day with a house full of people and somewhat similar temperatures.  Hopefully not this year.
We'll be leaving for Indiana in an hour or so and would very much like to have a cool house when we return.
Our son, Bob, and his wife and their two children are picking us up so we can all go to St Johns, IN for the day.  His wife's mother, like a lot of us cancer survivors, have good and bad days.  Unfortunately Mother's Day was one of the bad ones so we're all going to meet at a restaurant to celebrate Mother's Day and grandson's 15 birthday.
I checked out the restaurant on the internet and it looks very interesting.  Rustic and spacious.  Hope the food is as impressive.  I'll fill you in on the results later.
It was an excellent time.  I got to talk to Paula.  I love that woman.  The slab of ribs were perfect taste and tenderness.
The only thing wrong with the day was me.  Everyone was asking how Betsy was doing and I couldn't tell them because I haven't talked to her in two days.  Sure hope everything is alright with her.
We had a nice visit with Bob and Tara on the way home and they even stopped for a few minutes to cut some rhubarb so Tara could make Bob and cobbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment