Wednesday, November 14, 2012

No Hot Water Redux

Yes, you read it correctly.  No hot water.  I discovered it last night when I was trying to wash up after Ron ran the dishwasher and hand washed the pots and pans.  At first I thought I hadn't waited long enough but when Ron checked the hot water heater, sure enough, pilot light was out.  He started it and I waited about fifteen minutes to a half hour and tried again.  Water was luke warm and by all standards not hot.
I really didn't want to tell Ron that but wasn't sure how dangerous it was not to have the pilot light lit.  Out he went and sure enough the pilot light was out again.
If finally heated the water up enough so I could wash up for bed with an emphatic statement to call the Plummer this morning.
When I got up this morning Ron informed me that now the hot water heater pilot light wouldn't even light.  Before I knew it he was on the phone to Cummings Pluming with a request for a service call.   They obliged with an appointment between 10 am and 2 pm today.  Good thing we hadn't planned our usual Wednesday running errands and eating a late lunch.
Well, while Ron was occupied, his phone rang around 8:30 so I answered it after seeing it was the pluming company.  They had a tech on his way.
The thermocouple went out.  He replaced it, under warranty of course, and was on his way before 9 am.
So to celebrate, Ron stripped the sheets off the bed and is doing laundry.  Who said we don't live a wild and crazy life in Arizona?

3 comments:

  1. So, can I assume you have a "hot sheet" unit now? I wonder how many people have heard or know about the above term?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hope this is the last of your bad happenings and from now on only good things to tell about.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and Ron.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Test to see if you have to enter name to post. Ignore this comment.

    Yes, a person has to enter two groups of info to comment. This is a PIA for most people and they don't go further with comments.

    JMHO

    ReplyDelete