Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tucson, we call you home.

Again, sorry I didn't keep you up to day but we're in Tucson for the next 5 months or so.  Everything went well from Lordsburg, NM this morning.
I want to say if you need to spend the night in Lordsburg or any where near, I highly recommend the Best Western.  We had a huge room with a king size bed.  Table and two chairs, desk with a office chair and a double bathroom with a long counter top and sink in one room and another sink with a good sized counter in the ample sized bathroom.  There were night stands on both sides of the bed.  If you stay at a motel with any degree of regularity, you'll appreciate all the things I've mentioned.  The price was they cheapest we paid the entire trip out.  Believe me when I say it was the nicest Best Western we stayed in.
Enough said.
The mobile looks pretty good. The plastic storm protectors on two of the windows were ripped but they're saying they had some bad storms.  There were a couple large dead bugs on the floor and of course, little ones here and there that we sweep up with no hassle.
The only problem we have is a broken water heater.  Upon close inspection, Ron determined it was the original one that came with the mobile in 1980, if Google is right.
Of course we brought to much clothes but we'll get that straightened out eventually with what stays here and what stays in IL.  "My room" as Ron calls it has plenty of "stuff" on the floor but in due time it will be put away.  Had a little glitch with my laptop but got it straightened out and working.  DUH.  I haven't figured out how to use my smart phone for blogs yet.
Since we didn't have anything thawed out for dinner we decided on a hamburger at the new restaurant off of Houghton.  Very interesting.  It's one of a kind but if it succeeds, there will be more.  It's hot car themed and has cars being worked on and built in the garage next to the dining room with a large glass window in between.  There is a list of the cars on the tables.  The food?????  Well the shrimp bacon wrapped poppers were fantastic.  Don't order your hamburger well done unless you want it black.  The onion rings with chewey but I'm spoiled since we just left Illinois, Crest Hill to be precise with Merchikas home made onion rings that they have been making for 70 years to perfection.  Ron said his bacon cheddar burger was good and so was the fries but he wouldn't tell me if it wasn't.
I did notice they had a Ruben sandwich on the menu and it sounded really good till I got to the choice of meat.  Pastrami, black forest ham and turkey.  I'll leave you with that.  You decide.
Wish we would have gone with our friends, Gerry and Larry, to Guadalajara.

2 comments:

  1. I am so home sick for tucson I ordered some fabric from Quilters Market today on Speedway-now that is sick!! Well actually I bought a kit a few years ago and ran out of fabric and needed more, so being a phone call away I orded it. To say the least I wish things had worked out for us to be there.
    Have a great winter.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you and Sherwin won't be here this year. Good thoughts for next year.

    ReplyDelete